Wednesday, August 21, 2013

End of the summer

Well the summer is over.  My adventure of a second summer at Wisconsin Badger Camp is over.  I'm still in shock, even though it's been most of four days since I left camp.  So what have I been up to since the end of the summer at camp?

The last group of campers left on the 16th.  After they left, we began final work projects and got quite a bit done.  Having finished for the night, we all had time to change clothes before going to our staff banquet, watched the slideshow and gave our final gifts.  It was nice to have some time with the staff to relax, talk and enjoy simple things.

On the 17th, we finished our work projects, got our final pay checks, and said our goodbyes.  It was then that my Mom and I left camp together.  Throughout the drive home I told some of my favorite stories.

Having arrived at home, I couldn't believe that I was home after being gone for a little more than two months.  I was ready to adjust to "normal" life again.  My parents were glad to see me.  I had realized that I missed home when I got home.  I am now readjusted to real life, and enjoying being able to cook something every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment