Sunday, June 14, 2015

Training, learning, and life

There are a lot of things that I've begun to realize being back here at Spring Hill.

While I was here at Spring Hill last summer, I had to learn my way about a giant camp and meet so many people I had never known before.  I still remember how several people took me under their wing to show me their way around, teaching me about Spring Hill, and the people I worked with began to pull me out of my shell.

This year, as I arrived at at Spring Hill ready for another adventure at camp.  I knew that there were going to be returning.  I also knew that there would be a lot of new staff.  I wondered if I would get along with the new staff.  All I knew was that I knew what to expect out of my job, where to find things and that I would love my time at Spring Hill.

On Tuesday night as all of the kitchen staff (hourly/year round and summer) were at the blobs and gusher, I found myself talking with two of the new members of the kitchen staff and telling them about what a normal day was like for the summer kitchen staff.

What I continue to find myself working on is learning to open up.

Last year I was nowhere as open about where I've been in life or where I am at with my relationship with God.  This year I've already shown my testimony with my training cabin and our brother cabin.  What I later found out was that when I shared my testimony this summer, I actually included just the right amount of humor to keep it from being too depressing.

I've finally begun to really trust that God will take me where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment