Tuesday, September 29, 2015

SpringHill High

If there is one thing that so many people talk about when they talk about SpringHill is the SpringHill high.  The SpringHill high is real.  So many people I know have experienced it.  The thing about the SpringHill high is that when you experience it, you don't want it to end.

It was during my first summer working at SpringHill that I experienced the SpringHill high and experienced what it was like to loose that high.  So many times I heard the high school campers say that they wanted to have this thing called the SpringHill high continue on after they returned home.

Here's the thing about the SpringHill high: when you go off to SpringHill and spend so much time worshiping, praying, and reading the Bible something amazing happens.  You realize just how great that relationship that you can have with God can be.  It is when you go back home, and have to keep all of that up without the culture of spending time in prayer and in the word, that you realize just how hard it can be do do these things in a world where doing these things isn't something that everyone does.  I know that after the summer of 2014 I found myself struggling as much time in prayer or in the word.

It was during the beginning of August 2015, I took another step forward.  I was baptized at SpringHill, which was a big thing for me.  Being re-born--being made new--felt so good.  The thing that I still remember Todd saying to me was that in being baptized you are made new but that you also are giving all of your talents over to God and allowing him to work through you and your talents.

In coming home from SpringHill this past summer, I had learned to trust God's plan for me.  It wasn't long before God was working in my life again.  This time God was throwing me into a new job where I would get to work with middle and high schoolers after school.  I had no idea that I wouldn't work in that position for very long due to a better job offer from an assisted living facility.  The crazy thing about the things that I have experienced since returning home from camp is that it became clear to me that the SpringHill high would continue for longer than it did last year.

It's not always easy finding the time or the discipline to spend time in prayer or in the word.  But when you do, that sense of belonging, the relationship with God, continues to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment