Tuesday, July 5, 2016

God's words

I can't help but be amazed by the way that the simplest action has an impact on others.

Back in 2014, about halfway through the summer, I was working with a group of campers that was having a huge impact on me.  One of those campers was the first camper I had a one on one conversation with.  I later had another one on one conversation with another camper in that cabin.  I somehow always managed to be with a third camper when she was crying.  The thing was, that group of campers was the first group that I had fully connected with.  It was a group of campers that needed a lot of love, but also loved me as much as I loved them.  It was that group that I wrote letters to.  I wrote each of them a letter, but didn't put any names on any of the letters, and trusted that God would give me the right words for each letter, and would put the right letter in the hands of the camper that needed those words the most.

After that group of campers, I regularly would write letters to the girls cabin I was working with.  It continued last summer.

This summer, the first group of campers I worked with was a two week mega area.  We had two girls cabins and one guy cabin with roughly 39 campers.  Before meeting the kids, I was already writing each one of those 39 kids a letter.  I didn't need their name.  I had a feeling that these kids needed to hear something God had to say to them through me.  Each letter had a verse in it.  I knew that each of the letters would find its way to the kid in the area that needed to hear those words the most.

I had no idea just how big of an impact that the letters would have on the kids,but many of the girls said that their letter had the words that they needed to hear.

You might not always realize it, but more often than not, God will speak to you through someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment