Friday, July 19, 2013

Post two week

I made it through the two week session of camp!  I may of gotten sick (minimal puking, lots of diarrhea), but I survived it!  I am on the mend (and feeling more and more like myself each day).  It was no fun being sick when I wanted to be hanging out with my campers and giving them the best two weeks of the year.  But I made it through without a problem.  I can't say how much I appreciate the staff here at camp for giving me nearly two hours to sleep off the worst of whatever it was and drink some warm seven up.  One of the coolest things about experiencing feeling so awful in front of quite a few campers and several staff was that several campers continually came up to me afterwards (and after my nap) for a day or so to make sure I was feeling better.  The hugs really did help.

Now that I have today and tomorrow off, I've done a ton of sleeping.  I've also been enjoying sitting around and reading in bed whee it is nice an cool (since it's so hot out here).  Tomorrow a bunch of us might go to a beach since it will a bit cooler and more bearable.

I enjoyed two week a lot.  It took me a while to adjust to not having my three awesome campers with me.  Now that I am past that, I am enjoying the down time to recharge and begin to feel more like myself.

I have no idea what I am going to do for the rest of the night.  All I know for sure is that I am going to enjoy the time that I have away from campers and when so much of the staff is in the Dells.  It's nice having the down time at camp where it is so quiet to just relax, sleep, and read.  It all helps to get me ready for the next session.

No comments:

Post a Comment