Saturday, July 19, 2014

Another week done, another to begin

Week 1.6 is over.  For me this meant that the group of twelve girls I had been hanging out with for the past two weeks is gone, and more campers will be arriving tomorrow.

These past two weeks have been so amazing.  I've had a few one on one conversations with campers that made my day and challenged me.  Each of those twelve girls made me smile every time I turned up after having been on my break or having returned to hang out with them after having been in the Copper Country kitchen.

Since this was one of two long weeks, campers left today instead of on Friday, and a new batch of campers arrive tomorrow morning.  Of course that means that we don't get much time off this weekend.  But at least we get these next few hours off to relax and get ourselves pumped up for another week of campers.

Next weekend will be family weekend, which means that I'll actually see my parents for the first time in over a month.  I'm sure that day and a half off next weekend is going to be exactly what I need at this point in the summer.

I can't wait to see what the next two weeks bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment