Friday, July 25, 2014

Another week

Another week is over.  What's happened to time?  I feel like I've been here for years, yet like it's been less than the nearly two months that I've actually been here at camp.  One of the things that I've come to a better understanding of here at Spring Hill is that a single day here at camp is so much like a week because we fit so much into a day.

The girls I've been spending so much time with this past week have been great.  They act so much like sisters so much of the time.  It's been fun to spend so much time with all of them.

Earlier this week the area I am in had something come up that two of the female counselors needed some time to work through.  The third female counselor was on her day off that day.  So, I ended up with twenty teenage girls.  It was great to seem them come together to help me make sure that everyone was with me through lunch and discipleship.  There was a moment that I was a little overwhelmed by the 20 girls, but it didn't last to long.

In the past three weeks, I've discovered that I love leading small groups of teens.  It's always fun having those small group interactions with the girls, hear about where they are in their faith walk, and being able to help them to grow.  This past week several of the girls in the cabin I've been with asked about how to hear God, which is something that not all of the counselors here feel confident  in doing.  Hearing God speak to me was something that took me a long time to get used to doing.  Thankfully I've learned how to do this, and am much better at it than I used to be.

Quite often I hear God through images or single words.  Often times the words are things that will make sense a year or two down the road, and the images are things that make sense in the next six months or so.  This past Tuesday, I had the image of Round Lake pop into my head, and I knew it was God speaking--I didn't know what it was about Round Lake that God wanted me to know, but knew that something was going to come up relating to family, family reunion, or something in Waupaca.  By the end of the week I knew that I was going to be headed to Waupaca for the family reunion on the 29th (exactly one week after the image of Round Lake popped into my head.

If there's one thing that has blown me away it's the way that God works in our lives, and how he sends us to specific places to learn more of his plan for us.

I have a feeling that I'll be asked a lot of questions about the past two summers and this summer at the family reunion.  Any of you Grist's reading this---feel free to ask lots of questions while I'm at the reunion about camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment