Saturday, July 25, 2015

Two summers at SpringHill

These two summers of working at SpringHill there have been a lot of things that I've been exposed to and have learned.

Last summer was the summer that I learned what God's voice sounded like to me.  It was then I learned to listen to Him and what he was telling me.  It was at the end of the summer that I began to trust God's plan for me, and that he will provide what I need and when I need it.

This summer, I've come to realize that since the last two weeks of last summer, God has been working on getting me to trust his plan and the fact that he will provide jobs and everything else I need when I need it.  This has been evident in the way he has sent me from ice cream shop to Khol's to Minnesota to SpringHill in the past year.  There's no way I could have planned that.  There is also no way that I could have predicted that this was how things would happen.

I still may not know what's next after all the kids leave SpringHill.  Whatever God's plan is for me will make sense as these next two weeks come to a close.

Last summer I loved every minute spent with campers.  This summer, I've been doing the same.  What I didn't expect this summer was that I would realize that I would start to realize that I wanted to give being a TST Crew Chief a try until I was asked by one of the TST assistant directors if I wanted to fill in when they were short handed on female crew chiefs.  So, for the next two weeks I'll be crew chief Erin instead of CoCo's cookie monster.  I have no idea who my kids will be, or what they will be like these next two weeks, but I do know that whatever happens, it will be an amazing experience that I will never forget.  I am also certain that God waited until now to make me a crew chief for a reason.  Whatever the reason, I'm sure that I will learn so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment