Friday, August 12, 2016

Lasts

It's our final closing day...our LAST CLOSING DAY.

This week, as I made my way through the week, I thought about all the things that I was doing for the last time this summer..  For the last time, I rang up a copper country camper in the copper country trading post.  We took one last load of stuff up to Copper Country.   We shut down the copper country computers for the final time.  We made it through one last avenue with the high school campers.  We spent one last night with campers on camp.

Looking back on the lasts of this summer, I'm bummed that it's over.

The end of this summer has been different from the ends of the past several summers.  At the end of the previous summers I had no clue what I would be doing during the fall.  This summer, I'll actually found myself with a job that starts on Monday and plans to get me through until at least next summer.

Looking back at this summer, I can't believe how quickly it went.  How did it go so quickly?  What happened to time?  I honestly feel like there wasn't enough time to get to know some people, and not enough time to spend with those that I did get to know.

I'm looking forward to getting to spend time at home, sleeping my own bed and not having to worry about when I'm showering.  I'm looking forward to eating non camp food.  I'm looking forward to what's next.

What's next is scary at times.  It's hard to say goodbye to what I've been doing to so many months.

No comments:

Post a Comment