Monday, January 9, 2017

From August until now

Since August a lot has happened.

In August I came home to a whole host of new experiences.  I actually had to give a child a quick bath in a sink at one point after they had incident of "exploding poop".  I started singing in the choir at church, and have love every minute of it.  There was a moment where a two-year-old I was taking care of was laying on their cot trying to fall asleep, and she reached up towards the ceiling, and whispered "I'm reaching up to God" to me.  There were days where, the two-year-olds I worked with would come rushing over to me when I arrived at work to hug me and say hello.  I've been through countless interviews since August, and have experienced some highs and lows.

November was a rough month for me.  The election happened, and Trump won, which was not what I had hoped would happen.  In late November friend of mine from high school killed her own father, then herself.  Two days later, a camper I had worked with at SpringHill Camps ended her own life.  I was glad when November was over.

Looking back at September and October, things were going well, and as planned.  November was rough, and December was hit and miss for good and bad things.

Looking back at June through August, there was a lot going on with camp and with the understanding that was coming from a lot of conversations with friends and with God, which lead me to apply to Saginaw Valley State University (SVSU), and get in.

That brings me to today.  Today is my first day of classes at SVSU, and I am so PUMPED!  It's hard to believe that five months after first beginning to understand where God wanted me to head in the long run, I am finally beginning that journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment