Monday, June 16, 2014

Kitchen update number 1

Well, it's been a long 24/48 hours.

On Saturday cabins got cleaned, and everybody moved cabins.  Those of us who are support/activity staff moved into our more permanent housing for the summer.  Counselors moved into the cabin that they will be in for the next one to two weeks.  Most counselors will move every week.  But those who are counselors for the TST program will either have campers here for one or two weeks, so will move after their group of campers have left.

On Saturday, the first group of one week TSTers arrived, and I got to hang out with them for the evening.  These kids are defiantly sweet.  I connected with one of the campers during dinner on Saturday night, which was great.

Yesterday I pulled a marathon 8 hour kitchen session in Copper Country's (CoCo's) kitchen making 800 cookies and at least 100 bread sticks.  Yes, I did get a break to eat, which felt great.  At the end of that, my feet were screaming at me to sit down, but I still had to walk back down CoCo mountain to get to the cabin I'll be in the rest of the summer.  I'm pretty sure the combination of not wanting to eat the cookies I'm making out of having spent to much time handling them, and walking up and down CoCo mountain will kick my but into shape.

In other news, if you have sent me mail, I will be checking again later today to see if it is in the New Frontiers area, or if it is in CoCo  area.

Hopefully everyone's summer is going well, and you are enjoying some beautiful weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment