Friday, June 20, 2014

Week 1.2 conclusion

Today concluded week 1.2.  Last week there was a group from Indiana here that was technically week 1 for the activity staff.  But for the rest of us this was week 1.  Therefore the term week 1.2 came into existence.

I got to spend my afternoons/evenings (from 3:30pm to somewhere between 8 and 9 pm) in CoCo (Copper Country's) kitchen cooking and making tons of cookies for campers to enjoy.  Don't ask me to make cookies for at least a month after I get home because I won't want to make any.  I also spent some time with a cabin of nine girls that were amazing.  These girls defiantly had some good questions and got me thinking about the way I think about and understand things.  I also got the chance to go for a horseback ride.  It was the first time I had ever been on a horse, and so as I climbed on, I was a bit nervous about how I would do.  I ended up doing just fine and had a lot of fun.  Just getting on a horse got me out of my comfort zone, and so getting on a horse then going on a trail ride was something completely out of my comfort zone.  Yet, I had promised myself that I would go on at least one trail ride this summer.  So it was good that I was able to get out of my comfort so early in camp.

This morning, the cabin I helped with, their brother cabin, and I sat in the chapel for a while with paper plates and pens.  Each of us wrote our name on a paper plate, then we passed the plates around and each person wrote on each plate.  It is great to read what the campers and other staff I worked closely with this week wrote to me.

One of the campers wrote something on my plate that got me.  The camper wrote:

Erin,
Even though I don't  know you that much I know you are truly a smart person with much wisdom.  Your input at the campfires really affected me.
-camper name

I now know what my schedule will be for the next two weeks.  I will be up in CoCo kitchen Sunday through Thursday in the afternoons/evenings and have Friday and Saturday off, which is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment