Saturday, June 29, 2013

June 29/Teen week

Teen week was tough at times.  The fact that I made it through teen week with only one major behavior issue from one of the campers that I was working with was great.  I was glad that I made it through teen week--I knew that if there was going to be a week that was going to be hard, it was going to be teen week.

Last weekend a group of us went bowling, which was quite relaxing.  This weekend was a trip to Madison.  I originally didn't know if I wanted to go, but by the end of the week I knew that I wanted to go.  I knew that I just wanted to get away from camp, which would help me recharge my batteries for the upcoming week.

While in Madison I got to see the Capital building and spend some time with grandparents.  The chance to sit with Mom's parents for a while, and tell them a little about camp was nice--they seemed to enjoy hearing about camp.  It was also fun to get to have lunch with them.  As for seeing Wisconsin's capitol building--it was SO BEAUTIFUL!  I really liked seeing it, especially now that I have taken a couple of criminal justice classes.  The part that blew me away was being able to see Wisconsin's constitution.

Tonight we are planning on doing a movie night.  I don't know what movie we are seeing.  All I know is that we are going to be watching a movie.

Hopefully it won't rain anymore after today...we've had a few showers, and I am officially tired of rain at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment