Saturday, June 22, 2013

Week 2 of camp

Week two went well.  There were times when I didn't know how I was going to make it with the small amount of sleep I was getting a night.  I kept getting woken up at five or six in the morning, and quite often one other time in the night.  Sometimes campers have a way of making you work on not enough sleep.  I am so glad that I got to hang out with the three campers that I did this past week.  I really loved how they would challenge me, but also how they reminded me to laugh and would make me laugh.

One of the campers and I were having a conversation one day.  We had a good laugh because we had been talking about sunburns and I thought she had said something about burned eyeballs.  There was another camper in my group this past week who had an easier time falling asleep if I sang You Are My Sunshine to her.  Some nights singing that song helped me remember that it is things like that these campers will remember for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment