Monday, June 24, 2013

Teen week at camp!

It's teen week!  And that means lots of energy.  It rained this evening and has been raining on and off since.  SO, the family (two counselors and a group of campers) I am with this week and I didn't get to go camping. I'm not to bummed about it in some ways, but in others ways I am a little bummed.  I love sleeping outside of a tent door and under the stars, so I miss that part.  I won't go into the rest...sometimes you just want life to be a little easier.

Meanwhile, I am finding myself doing things that make me wonder if I ever had a conversation with someone similar to the ones I have been having the past couple of weeks with campers.  Sometimes I feel like I am being the mother who is telling a child what to do and how to do it.  Other times I feel like I am hanging out with a few friends, not my campers.

I've been singing a lot of camp songs lately to campers.  It's always fun to sing them songs since it usually makes them smile, laugh, or helps them to relax.  Time to go to bed so I can get enough sleep for another full day of fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment