Friday, January 23, 2015

I ventured out earlier in the week to play the piano, make a snack, and help with a tour for a new perspective boarder.  We had just had a dusting of snow the night before, so the snow looked fresh, even if it did crunch under ones feet a bit.

I don't venture off of camp very often.  But when I do it is usually with other staff and/or campers.  We'll be getting another staff member in under a month, so at that point we'll get a lot more done in less time, and will have an easier time scheduling time off for everyone.  At that point I'll likely venture off camp during my time off to go to the local library which is about three block away.

I've already found the local family dollar, the Walmart, the Target, the library, the fairgrounds, and the Salvation Army.  I'm sure that the longer that I'm here, the better chance there is that I will find myself knowing where to go to find things that I might need.  The nice thing is that I don't have to worry about grocery shopping, so when I do venture out to find something it'll be necessities or to spend some time hanging out with co-workers.

This past week the weather has been really nice.  It's been in the twenties most of the time, and last weekend we even got up into the upper thirties.

More to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment